Upcoming 2022 Kia EV6 in Scarborough, ON
The highly-anticipated 2022 Kia EV6 is making its way to Canada in early 2022. Kia’s first dedicated battery electric vehicle is the next step in Kia’s evolution towards a sustainable automotive industry. Featuring long-range AWD, the EV6 will set the new standard for electric vehicle performance here in Ontario and across Canada. Learn more details about this exciting EV by reading below, and stay in touch with us here at Foster Kia for the latest from Kia Canada. For all your Kia needs in Scarborough and the Greater Toronto Area, trust our team at Foster Kia.
Power, Performance, and Range
Powered by a capable lithium-ion battery and both RWD and AWD options, the Kia EV6 will deliver an estimated range of up to 480km on a single charge.
|125kW Rear Motor
|168kW Rear Motor
|74kW Front Motor and a 165kW Rear Motor
|160kW Front Motor and a 270kW Rear Motor
The EV6 also features a patented multi-charging system that allows for incredibly fast charging at 400V and 800V, without a separate controller.
- 800V DC fast charging can supply nearly 100 kilometers in less than 5 minutes
- Up 380 kms of range (10%-80%) added in under 18 minutes
- On-board charger (OBC) for Level 2 recharging from 10%-100% in 7 hours, 10 minutes (240v AC, at 48-amps) for the larger 77.4 kWh battery versions
For us here in Canada, the EV6 also will offer an available Heat Pump System first found on the Kia Soul EV, for recycling excess heat waste from the interior components. This system will help you keep your EV6 warm in the winter without unnecessary drain on your battery.
New Design Philosophy
The EV6 will embrace Kia’s new Opposites United design philosophy, which will be standard on all upcoming Kia models. Here are some standout highlights for the EV6’s exterior and interior:
- Daytime running lights with moving light pattern inspired by electronic pixels
- Panoramic curved display with two connected 12.3” displays (cluster and navigation)
- A Kia first, EV6 integrates available Augmented Reality Head Up Display (AR-HUD) that matches driving safety-related warnings and driving information about the road or preceding vehicle.
Latest Kia Safety
The Kia EV6 offers drivers the latest of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems, including but not limited to:
- Available Remote Smart Parking Assist (RSPA): remotely park or exit a parking spot from outside of the vehicle.
- Available Blind-Spot Avoidance Assist (BCA): Under certain conditions, can detect vehicles traveling in the next lane. When a vehicle is detected in the blind spot, the vehicle brakes the outer wheel under certain conditions to help return the vehicle to its lane.
- Driver Attention Warning (DAW): Senses inattentive driving patterns and sends an audible/visual warning to alert the driver.
- ISLA (Intelligent Speed Limit Assist): Recognizes signs and provides relevant feedback in the cluster and augmented-reality head-up display (AR HUD).
For the latest from the Kia EV6, and the rest of Kia’s upcoming new models, be sure to stay in touch with us here at Foster Kia. Visit our Scarborough dealership location for the best of Kia new and used inventory, service, and parts departments. We look forward to helping you find your next Kia model, book your appointment today.